Friday, April 27, 2012

My 40th Birthday

Today is my birthday. I turned 40. *Sigh*
To me, age is nothing but a number. Well, it used to be that way. Actually, it kind of still is just a number. I mean, I don't really feel any older. Truth be told, I feel like a kid trapped in an adult's body most of the time, something I think many adults won't openly admit. But, as 40 drew nearer, it made me think of my goals in life. And, then I realized that FORTY years of my life have passed!

It's a little bit daunting to think that you're getting closer and closer to those final days. But, on the other hand, 40 isn't like turning 70 or 80 (I hope I'll be around to celebrate those milestones. Hell, why not even 90 and 100!) It's just a number that sets the mind to thinking about the future. There are still a lot of books I hope to write, masks I want to make, and things about our world that I want to learn.

I don't feel any different now that I've reached my 40th birthday. I still feel like a kid held hostage in an adult body. I like living life and I try to have fun doing it. I intend to continue living that way, with optimism instead of pessimism. I don't usually celebrate my birthday with cake and gifts or big gatherings. Since entering adulthood, I've treated my birthday just like any other day. I'll do that today. I'll celebrate by working on my current book, Carniville, and cooking out this evening.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll leave you with a little humor from Louis C.K.'s perspective of turning 40:

No comments:

Post a Comment